Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Faster then a speeding bullet... More powerful than a locomotive...

Even though, I'm still not feeling to well. I decided to write about the awesomeness that is the Fleischer Superman cartoons. I first discovered these cartoons in High School. Back then the local PBS station (channel 12, for those in the 303). WOuld play these short late at night when they needed to fill fifteen minutes of air time.
To me these cartoons are the difinitive take on Superman. Bruce Timm's series comes the closest out of all the other stuff to being as good of a take on Supes as the Fleisher cartoons. For me one of the things that the movies (especially) seem to miss is Clark Kent winking at the camera. At the end of almost every one of the Fleischer cartoons when someone makes a remark about Superman saving the day and Clark Kent would comment on it and then wink at the camera. Of course, the other thing I really enjoyed about this series was how he would complain about Lois Lane scoping him on yet another story. Clark Kent just never seemed to be able to get that front page story about Superman.If you haven't seen these cartoons I highly recommand you do so post haste. After that I think you'll feel the same way.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment