Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Truly the Greatest Green Lantern in History

So, today i thought it would be fun to write something about my favorite Green Lantern...

Photobucket

Guy Gardner. Out of all the GLs he's my fave, followed in a close second by Kilowog. I'm not exactly sure why I like Guy so much. Maybe, it's because he's the only superhero with the guts to moon Batman or maybe it's because of all the things he's been through from brain damage to Warrior to GL Honor Guard. Maybe it's just because he's so easy for me to identify with (obnoxious jerk with a heart of gold, is pretty much my thing,lol). But, of all the eras I think my favorite is brain damaged Guy. Of course, my main reason for why I dig brain damaged Guy so much is his wacky personality changes, ala Charles in Charge. What can I say I'm just a sucker for the bump on the head = complete change in personality school of comedy. lately, I've been reading the JLI trades and it's brought back a lot of my fond memories of when I read these things as a kid. Of course, because of a lot a different factors I usually got to buy one or two books form a given storyline back than. But, for whatever reason I was always especially happy when I was staring at the spinner racks at the grocery store and I saw his ugly mug on the cover. Heck the only issue I picked up of that horrible book DC: Decisions. Was the one with Guy on the cover and reading the JLI trades and seeing Guy in his full-on Reaganite, Rambo is a pussy glory just warms the cockles (or maybe the sub-cockle area) of my heart. Right now, I think my favorite panel with Guy in it is from when he was fighting Lobo and Booster traps Guy in a energy sphere and keeps trying to get Guy to calm down saying I will not punch strangers, or some such line. Well, that's all I've got to say about Guy for now. But, before I go I think I'll you with a nice image of Guy to keep your minds off the terrible weather this week...


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment