Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lady Blackhawk - Hawkah!

Today I thought I'd talk about a character that I didn't really know about until I started reading Birds of Prey and that character is... Ms. Zinda Blake AKA Lady Blackhawk. I love Zinda! And really what's not to love she's a pilot, she likes drinking and fighting and, best of all she wears a skirt. I'm a big fan and proponent of girls wearing skirts. Thanks to Gail Simone and the writers who followed her on the Birds of Prey. She's become one of favorite female characters. One of the things most of them have been able to do (at least how I read the books) is keep that old timey cadence of hers. Whenever I'm reading BoP she sounds (in my head, anyways) like she was plucked from a movie from the 40s. Which just adds to her awesomeness and sexiness. She's tough enough to knock out Spy Smasher without losing her femininity. Zinda is a lady through and through, but at the same time I would not doubt that she could out drink almost anyone in the DCU. Another thing that amuses me is that in my mind she could totally take out Dick and Tim, in her skirt without flashing anything naughty. 'cuz she's just that cool. Plus, I maintain that she and Ted Grant (Wildcat) are drinking buddies that like to talk about the good old days and arm wrestle.

zinda_blake

No comments:

Post a Comment