Thursday, March 19, 2009

BoP! RiP! :*(

Well, the Birds of Prey have broken up (at least for now) and I'm already feeling sad about it. Granted the last issue came out a week or two ago. But, still. I really enjoyed this book since I started reading it a few years ago back when it was just Huntress, Black Canary, and Oracle; yet after the TV show. I read it a few times before then and for whatever reason it just never clicked with me. But, then around '06 I really started to dig it. For me this is when it began firing on all cylinders and once Gail Simone added Ms. Zinda Blake and I was completely hooked (Although, for some reason I called her Zindi for the longest time and I have really no clue why). Then, when they added Barda I was completely over the moon. I'm a big fan of Mrs. Barda Free. My only compliant about the time Barda was on the team is that I think they should have Scott appear more then just in a panel or two. Needlessly to say, I've really enjoyed this comic these last few years and really my only major compliant about the last issue was how Barbara left Charlie (AKA Misfit), For me that just felt off after everything that had happened between the two of them in the last couple of years. Other than that and The Letter. I thought it was a pretty good final issue and I can't wait to see the first issue of Babs' miniseries. I just hope it doesn't suck.

The END

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment