Friday, February 6, 2009

Remembering when you couldn't wait to wake up on Saturday

Whenever I remember to watch it I tune in for Spiderman and his Amazing Friends. I don't really know why but even today I still dig that show. As cheezy as it is I think it is one of the better superhero cartoons from back in my preschool days. For those of you who don't know about this show it was made back in the early eighties and Starred Spiderman, Iceman (of X-Men fame) and Firestar (a girl they created for the show) and of course, the star of the show Ms. Lion.
Photobucket
Personally, I think this show stands up to the test of time way better than Superfriends and a lot better than Pryde of the X-Men. What were they thinking making Wolverine Australian. Isn't it bad enough that he's Canadian,I kid, I kid. I my a big fan of Canada. They created hockey and make good beer (like Black Label) How could you hate that? Anywho back to Spidey. This show rocks here take a loook at this clip.

Now that's entertainment. In fact in my dedication to this show, I not only bought the issue of Spiderman Family that feature this fantastic trio. I bout three of them and used two of them to redecorate my table. I think this show just goes to that part of my brain that still dig fun comics and the idea that Jubilee is cool because of not inspite of her fireworks. Well, that's all I've got. See you on monday and have a fun weekend. I know I will if nothing else I'll be watching cartoons and remembering just how cool this show is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment