Monday, April 5, 2010

X-Factor: The Movie (casting call)

A couple of posts ago, I wrote up how much I think James Roday of Psych fame should play Jamie Madrox in a movie and thinking it over I thought it would be fun (since I haven't done it in a while). To put together a list of who I'd cast if they ever made an X-Factor movie. This the X-Factor from the Madrox miniseries up to issue #35or so.

Jamie Madrox/Multiple Man - James Roday, since I already wrote a previous blog about this choice I won't go into much detail other than saying I think he would make a perfect Jamie.

Guido Carosella/Strong Guy - Ethan Suplee. Even though he's not Italian I think Ethan would make a great Strong Guy. Just make him 7 feet tall with some special FX magic and let him do his thing like he did in Mallrats and My Name is Earl and I think it would be like when they cast Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

Monet St. Croix/M - Zoe Saldana. Besides her action chops in movies like Star Trek and Avatar. She is beautiful enough to pull off the Veronica Lodge aspects of M's personality while remaining believable that she could kick every one's ass, while painting her nails.

Theresa Rourke Cassidey/Siryn - Isla Fisher. Even though she's not Irish and has mostly done comedies. I think she has the looks and the wit to play the live action incarnation of Banshee's Daughter. Especially with her slightly unhinged character in The Wedding Crashers.

Rahne Sinclear/Wolfsbane - Rachel Nichols. Even though I thought G.I. Joe was a terrible, terrible movie and she's not Scottish. I thought she was pretty good in it. But, what really makes me think she would make a good Wolfsbane is her role as the Orion cadet in Star Trek.

Julio Esteban Richter/Rictor - Gael Garcia Bernal. With his roles as Che Guevara in Fidel and The Motorcycle Daries. I feel he would make a good fit as the "powerless" Rictor.

Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver - Cary Elwes. Much like Paul Rudd he has that perfect ability of being able to play a complete jerkass while still remaining likable. This is probably the biggest hurdle in finding an actor to play Pietro. In order to play the son of Magneto, who have to have an actor that can say terrible horrible things but still have the audience kinda like him and maybe even root for him a little bit and I think Mr. Elwes fits this to a T.

Layla Miller - Chloe Moretz. With her up coming role as Hit_Girl in Kick Ass and her kinda creepy looks (plus her age). I think she would do a really cool job as the girl who knows stuff.

Well there you have it the folks I would cast if I made an X-Factor movie. I hope you enjoy my selections and as always feel free to argue with me in the comments sections ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment