Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hope this doesn't get my geek card taken away

I haven't really gone into this before so, I thought for a little change of pace I'd make a list (yay Lists!!!) of some of the geeky stuff I'm not into or don't like. Since, most of the time I use this blog to talk about the things I do like and also 'cause, I'm bored and can't really think of anything else to write about. As with most lists I do on here these are in no particular order.

Lord of The Rings - Never read the books (or plan to)and I found the movies more boring than watching paint dry after a baseball game.

Tabletop Gaming - Even though I have friends who are into Warhammer and D&D I've never seen the fun in it and occasionally feel the need to make fun of the people who are into it as being way geekier than me, even though we're probably one par with one another.

Doctor Who - My uncle used to watch this show when I was a wee lad and even then I thought it was cheesy. I tried to give the new show a chance and even though its lost some of the cheese I just don't feel it. Nothing against anyone who does it's just not my bag.

Fantasy - For whatever reason which goes into why I didn't like LOTR. I've never been a fan of any of the wizards and elf stuff. As soon as I here that wizards or swords and sorcery are involved my brain just completely checks out. Not sure why, guess that's just how I'm wired.

WoW - Maybe tying into that whole thing about more loathing of fantasy settings. I just don't understand how so many people get hooked on the World of Warcrack. Just everything I've heard of it makes it sound lame and then when I thought it couldn't get any lamer Mr.T and Ozzy started pimping it. This does weird out some of my friends that I hate this game so much when I love other RPGs (especially Final Fantasy VII). But for whatever reasons, I really really hate this game.

I could thing of some other stuff but, not wanting to get lynched or have my geek-cred revoked I think I'll leave it at that. Hope y'all have a Happy Easter and I'm sure I'll be back to talking about Aquaman's suckiness or the awesomeness of Jubilee or something equally unimportant here soon :P

No comments:

Post a Comment