Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Curse of the Mutants

Since, Wolverine and Jubilee is coming out tomorrow, I felt I would share my thoughts with you my fine readers on what I thought about the the Curse of the Mutants and X-Men vs. Vampires storylines. First off, I did not go into this series thinking I would like it. In fact, the main reason I even started reading it was so I could get my Jubilee fix (as I've stated many times on here I'm a huge jubilee fan). So, going in I thought it was just a ploy to cash in on the whole vampire thing but, in reading it I ended up really enjoying it. I especially enjoyed X-Men vs. Vampires since lately I've been leaning towards anthologies rather than single issues. Because, I enjoy getting a few stories about different characters rather than one long story and the first story in X-Men vs. Vampires is what really sold me since it starred Husk and I really like all the Generation X characters and feel they should be used more. Beyond that I really enjoyed how Jubilee tricked Wolverine and also loved the fight scene in issue #5 with all the hard skinned mutants front and center and Iceman being blessed by the priest. For me this series was really well executed. My only real complaint about it was the design of Blade. I haven't seen him in much lately, so maybe this is how he looks in all of his appearances, but to me his design made him look super gay. What I mean by that is that he looked like total rough trade stereotype, with his moustache and a haircut that one of the cats from the WWF tag team Legion of Doom would be sporting. This is not to say that it's wrong to have gay characters or that people shouldn't be into what ever tickles their fancy. But, to me it was just a bit jarring seeing this guy who is supposed to be this badass vampire slayer, and feeling like It's raining men was playing in the background every time he showed up or that his catch phrase should be "FABULOUS!" Other than that I thought the creative team did a really good job and I liked how it ended with Cyclops telling Dracula to watch his step or else... and Dracula just just being like "alright." All in all a good series and I can't wait for Wolverine and Jubilee to hit the shelves.
X-men 1 Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment